Energy audit is similar to a financial audit: it tells you where and how the energy is being consumed. However, it also goes further to tell you how efficiently or waste fully energy is being Utilized and what places. Energy Audit specifies an area of cost saving by identifying energy Intensive areas and adopting appropriate energy conservation measures through cost-benefit Analysis. It gives an opportunity to utilize energy in a more effective manner. The energy in form of electricity and heat (fuel use) is analyzed to recommend short and long term strategy as per the company's budget and needs. We can also benchmark the energy use as per the national and international norms wherever possible.
Energy is one of the top cost items in any industry (other being materials and labor) as well as a drain on natural resources and the environment so energy savings provides a double dividend. The first dividend is to the company in terms of reduced electricity bills and money saved. The second dividend is to the society in terms of reduced energy requirements and hence reduced pollution or climate change impacts. Indeed, to incentivize individual industries to opt for energy savings measures (in addition to the obvious monetary savings). the carbon trading mechanism provides additional incentive.
- Instrumental Audit to verify the load consumption pattern of each of the equipment, integrate them, plot th e daily load cure and confirm same with the recorded energy on a typical production day.
- Further we may have to find out various possibilities of modification of process flow/timing patterns so as to control the demand and use of energy
- Study the process flow, plant activities, current operational practices and determine the status of the electrical installation
On conducting the above audit, we shall then be able to:
- Analyse energy use for identification of opportunities to save energy consumption
- Prioritise areas of energy consumptiongs in energy
Thus the entire audit process would involve the following:
- Review of electrical installation from point of supply to final usage of all major electrical loads
- Offer Energy Management Solution
- Audit report containing observations and recommendations
Requirement from your end
We will require following documents for the purpose of audit:
- Single Line Diagram (SLD) of electrical installation and earthing system
- Connected load details and process cycle time.
- A representative from your side who is conversant with all the electrical systems and on site operations and who will accompany our engineer throughout the audit
- Electricity bills for the past 12 months
A walk through audit is always a first step to decide the aims of t he energy audit, identify the scope of work and plan the detailed audit: These audits are used to identify immediate areas for energy conservation as we ll. Based on our understanding of your requirement following will be our approach to conduct walk through audit at your hotel project
- Visit by our engineer and site supervisor to your site
- Informal interview with concerned people on site
- Walk-through audit as mentioned above, which will cover lighting and power
- Collection of required documents such as electricity bill, Single Line Diagram of electrical installation, connected load details, etc.
- Analysis of energy consumption based on our audit and your documents
- Identification of scope to reduce energy consumption
- Final report and recommendations