Solar Photovoltaic (PV) panels generate electricity from sunlight falling directly on the photovoltaic cells made up of crystalline silicon and the movement of free electrons within the cells.
With the availability of large open space and being on the line of tropic of cancer with direct sun light throughout the year, India is one of the few countries that enjoy consistent and incessant solar radiation. It is believed that approximately 70% of sun's energy is absorbed by earth's surface while the rest 30% is reflected back to the space. This 70% of sun's energy has the capacity to generate electricity to meet up the demand of whole world.
India’s energy needs can be met entirely by solar and other renewable sources. India has become a magnet for solar equipment manufacturers and power plant developers from around the world. The country’s national and state governments have incentives in place to entice solar energy development, and India indeed has become a big destination for solar panels from companies. The government of India is promoting the use of solar energy through various strategies. In the budget for 2010/11, the government has announced an allocation of 10 billion (US$184.0 million) towards the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission and the establishment of a clean energy fund. With the availability of large open space and being on the line of tropic of cancer with direct sun light throughout the year, India is one of the few countries that enjoy consistent and incessant solar radiation.
Solar Energy is produced with the help Photovoltaic (PV) panels; sunlight falling directly on the photovoltaic cells made up of crystalline silicon and the movement of free electrons within the cells.
Maxwell Solar and Wind Energy Pvt. Ltd provides solutions for every solar energy needs for Corporate Houses, Educational Institutes, Homes etc. With our high-end research facility, we try to make this technology and usage of solar panels hassle free and are working towards increasing its efficiency every day.
A stand-alone power system (SAPS or SPS), also known as remote area power supply (RAPS), is an off-the-grid electricity system for locations that are not fitted with an electricity distribution system. Typical SAPS include one or more methods of electricity generation, energy storage, and regulation. Storage is typically implemented as a battery bank. Power drawn directly from the battery will be direct current extra low voltage (DC ELV), and this is used especially for lighting as well as for DC appliances. An inverter is used to generate AC low voltage, which more typical appliances can be used with.
Stand alone solar systems can be cheaper than extending power lines in certain remote areas. Solar energy is the cleanest form of energy produced. Although initial setup is expensive, but over the time the cost is recovered in the form of reduced electricity bills.
According to studies, a small "hybrid" electric system that combines home wind electric and home solar electric (photovoltaic or PV) technologies offers several advantages over either single system.
In few countries, wind speeds are low in the summer when the sun shines brightest and longest. The wind is strong in the winter when less sunlight is available. Because the peak operating times for wind and solar systems occur at different times of the day and year, hybrid systems are more likely to produce power when you need it.
Grid tied – A Solar and wind system connected to the utility Power grid. Your solar panels and wind system will often generate more electricity than what you are capable of consuming. Homeowners can put this excess electricity onto the utility grid instead of storing it themselves, which in turn lowers their next electricity bill. Most utility companies have committed to buying power from homeowners at the same rate as they sell it themselves.
The bottom line is that you get access to backup power and energy storage from the utility grid, while at the same time you help mitigate the utility company`s peak load. As a result, the efficiency of our electrical system as a whole goes up.